Saturday, September 20, 2008

Morning calls are crank calls from Hell

*ring*
*incessant ringing*
*the kind of ringing the house is ignoring*
*you push yourself out of a coma sleep to answer the damn ringing*
"Hello?"
"Good morning!" exclaims the cheery voice on the other end. Oh, so she knows it's morning eh? She probably knows how early it is too. Grunt so she knows it well.
"Yes?" I grunt sleepily.
"I'm calling about the broken toilet" the voice carries on, unfazed by the sleep that weighed down my responses, "You asked for 4pm, but we're not free then, ahaha!"
What kind of sadist calls a household at the crack of dawn to laugh at my toilet-appointment misery?
"Did you call with any good news?" I said, not caring to hide the sleep and irritation in my voice.
"Ahaha, yes!" Oh I could so choke her with the phone cord right about now, "I can reschedule it to 3pm! Is that okay? Can I talk to someone else?"
"No, 3pm is fine, nobody else needs to be alerted--"
"You sure I shouldn't call back again?"
"NO," I catch myself yelling, and I pause to calm down, "I mean, no, once is more than enough, thanks."
"Okay, ahahaha, thank you!" I hear her hang up the phone hastily on my testy tone. I crack my sleepily eyes open a little wider to glare incredulously at the phone, and in effect, the most inconsiderate and annoying person ever. "Beetch," I mumbled, angry that my inherent politeness thanked the laughing fool for waking me before she hung up. I glanced at the dawn breaking outside my window and shook my fist at it.

1 comment:

  1. I thought only cranky ex boyfriends make cranky morning calls. Guess I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete